The training will allow participants to:
- Know the institutional and strategic aspects of managing the wastewater service in terms of governance, planning/programming, funding and cost recovery.
- Know the composition and types of wastewater systems.
1. General Concepts / Reminder:
- Definition of the field of wastewater treatment
- Global challenges: the role of wastewater sanitation at the level of international bodies, some figures, sustainable development goals (SDGs), etc.
- National and African Issues
2. Institutional and Strategic Components:
- Institutional aspects: governance, organisation, regulation, etc.
- Strategic aspects: National Shared Sanitation Program (Morocco case)
3. Technical Component:
- Composition of wastewater systems: collection, transfer, purification
- Types of Sanitization Systems
- Purification / Wastewater Treatment
- Reuse of clean wastewater
- users and industry stakeholders, communication/awareness
4. Pricing of Water and Sanitation Services:
- Reminder of the basics: different methods of definition and calculation of the cost price…
- Pricing Policy
- Tariff Components: Production, Distribution (Fixed, Variable)
- Remediation Tariff Component
- Other costs: Connection, etc.